Multicultural Helping House Society (Volunteer Basketball Mentor- Vancouver)Organization Name: Multicultural Helping House Society
Opportunity Title: Volunteer Basketball Mentor- Vancouver
Category: Sports and Recreation
Commitment: Less than 6 months, 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: January 26, 2019
End Date: December 31, 2032
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
VOLUNTEER BASKETBALL MENTOR (1)
Multicultural Helping House seeks to reduce the barriers for youths to engage in physical activity. We are looking for mentors to create a fun and inclusive environment for youths ages 9-12. Volunteers will engage youths in various basketball related exercises at the Killarney gym every Saturday from 5:30pm-7pm.
- Have fun!
- Teach basic handling and fundamentals of basketball.
- Mentor a youth leader.
- Reinforce sessions with games and activities.
- Share concerns, needs and successes with the Program Coordinator.
- Communicate with youths ages 9-12.
- Ability to communicate with youths 9-12.
- Ability to impart fundamentals of basketball.
- Comfortable working with youths.
- Second language is an asset.
- Volunteers to attend a training and orientation session at Multicultural Helping House.
- Screening Interview with Program Coordinator.
- Must successfully obtain a Criminal Record Check Clearance letter.
Please contact Edmondl@helpinghouse.org with posting as subject title.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions6260 Killarney St, Vancouver, BC V5S 2X7
Other Multicultural Helping House Society Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Social and Community Service
Description: You are praised by your family as a computer wizard, your powers extend to restarting the router and downloading a picture. And you want to share your powers with the world. Share it with …Read More
Other Sports and Recreation Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Zajac Ranch for Children is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing outdoor and camp experiences to young adults and youth living with special needs and chronic illnesses. Children …Read More