Multicultural Helping House Society (Volunteer Basketball Mentor- Vancouver)Organization Name: Multicultural Helping House Society
Opportunity Title: Volunteer Basketball Mentor- Vancouver
Category: Sports and Recreation
Commitment: Less than 6 months, 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: January 26, 2019
End Date: December 31, 2032
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
VOLUNTEER BASKETBALL MENTOR (1)
Multicultural Helping House seeks to reduce the barriers for youths to engage in physical activity. We are looking for mentors to create a fun and inclusive environment for youths ages 9-12. Volunteers will engage youths in various basketball related exercises at the Killarney gym every Saturday from 5:30pm-7pm.
- Have fun!
- Teach basic handling and fundamentals of basketball.
- Mentor a youth leader.
- Reinforce sessions with games and activities.
- Share concerns, needs and successes with the Program Coordinator.
- Communicate with youths ages 9-12.
- Ability to communicate with youths 9-12.
- Ability to impart fundamentals of basketball.
- Comfortable working with youths.
- Second language is an asset.
- Volunteers to attend a training and orientation session at Multicultural Helping House.
- Screening Interview with Program Coordinator.
- Must successfully obtain a Criminal Record Check Clearance letter.
Please contact Edmondl@helpinghouse.org with posting as subject title.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions6260 Killarney St, Vancouver, BC V5S 2X7
Other Multicultural Helping House Society Volunteer Opportunities
Other Sports and Recreation Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Zajac Ranch for Children is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing outdoor and camp experiences to young adults and youth living with special needs and chronic illnesses. Children …Read More