CAYA Health Centre (Social Media and Community Outreach Coordinator)Organization Name: CAYA Health Centre
Opportunity Title: Social Media and Community Outreach Coordinator
Category: Health / Medical
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: August 1, 2023
End Date: January 1, 2030
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Training or orientation required
Someone who has a passion for healthcare equity and supporting high-quality healthcare to women, trans, and non-binary individuals?
Do you want to volunteer in an inclusive and respectful clinic environment?
Do you want to learn about trauma-informed, culturally competent, and gender-affirming healthcare? continuing education offered to you on a monthly or quarterly basis?
Do you want to learn in a multidisciplinary team environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we have an exciting volunteer opportunity for you at CAYA Health Centre!
Who we are:
CAYA Health Centre is dedicated to providing comprehensive healthcare to individuals marginalized based on gender, including women, trans, and non-binary folks. We are committed to creating a safe and respectful environment for both patients and clinicians, regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, presentation, or sexual orientation.
Our services include medical care by doctors and allied health professionals, such as physiotherapy, pelvic floor physiotherapy, psychology and counselling, dietitian and nutrition counselling, massage therapy, and medical services. We believe in offering holistic and well-rounded care under one roof.
At CAYA Health Centre, we have a vision to create safe spaces that empower and support individuals in their journeys toward better mental, physical, and social health. We are committed to building a future where inclusive, supportive, equitable, and informed care are the standard in all health practices. We strive to be the catalyst for positive change in the healthcare industry.
We are currently seeking a dedicated volunteer to join our team as a Social Media and Community Outreach Coordinator. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact by utilizing your skills in content creation, community engagement, and representation at events. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating engaging and informative content for our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to promote our services, share relevant health information, and raise awareness about our mission to provide equitable healthcare to all women, trans, and non-binary individuals.
- Writing blog articles on various topics related to women’s health, trans health, non-binary health, and other relevant subjects to educate and engage our online community.
- Attending team trainings to stay up-to-date on our services, initiatives, and community engagement strategies.
- Liaising with community organizations to foster partnerships, collaborations, and outreach opportunities.
- Representing CAYA Health Centre at community events, health fairs, and workshops to promote our services, engage with the community, and raise awareness about our mission.
- Age 18+
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and content creation. Minimum 1 year of experience in social media content creation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for providing high-quality care to women, trans, and non-binary individuals.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about social justice and health equity.
- Commitment to creating a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed and culturally-competent care is a plus.
Time and Term:
- 1-2 hours a week (flexible)
- 6 month commitment
- Start date: As soon as possible
- The opportunity to contribute to a meaningful cause and make a positive impact in the lives of marginalized individuals.
- Access to continuing education opportunities offered on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Valuable experience in social media management, content creation, community outreach, and event representation.
- A supportive and collaborative multidisciplinary team environment.
- If you are enthusiastic about our mission and possess the skills and qualities we are looking for, we would love to hear from you! Join us at CAYA Health Centre and help us create a future where inclusive and informed healthcare is the norm.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in this volunteer position to email@example.com.
We thank everyone who applies; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit our website at: www.cayahealthcentre.com for more information!