Trout Lake Community Centre Association (Member of the Board of Directors)Organization Name: Trout Lake Community Centre Association
Opportunity Title: Member of the Board of Directors
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: November 22, 2023
End Date: November 26, 2025
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Come help shape programs & events at Trout Lake Community Centre!
Not many Vancouverites are aware but Vancouver is one of few municipalities that offer recreation programming via partnerships with volunteer-driven not-for-profit societies.
Led by an elected volunteer Board of Directors, the Trout Lake Community Centre Association (TLCCA) has been working behind the scenes here since 1956 to ensure offerings are tailored to local need.
Our mission is to provide accessible and inclusive social, cultural, recreational and educational opportunities that strengthen individual, family and community wellbeing.
We are currently seeking community members to join our amazingly creative and committed Board and committees*. All skills are welcome! Nice-to-haves would include expertise in areas such as accounting/finance, fundraising, human resources, non-profit law, policy development, risk management, and strategy management.
Join us and learn, connect, and contribute to the good in this neighbourhood!
LOCATION: East Vancouver, BC (Victoria Drive/E. 15th Ave )
- Serve a two-year term
- Attend monthly Board meetings (at 6:30 p.m.) every fourth Wednesday
- Lead or assist with special projects that arise from time to time
- Participate in at least one TLCCA committee
- Act as a liaison to community partners, as requested
Approximately 10 hours per month (or more if desired) for two years.
Board members have the opportunity to:
- network with other community members
- share their knowledge
- shape community centre programming, directly supporting and strengthening the community
Board members also get the benefits of:
- One free TLCC program registration fee (of up to $100 value) per season
- One free TLCC room rental (maximum of four hours) per calendar year
- Training provided! New board members are provided with an orientation to their role and responsibilities
Director role not for you? Committee members welcome!
Choose a committee to share your expertise in or one you’d be interested in learning from.
This is an amazing opportunity to meet new people, make new connections, and give back directly to the community you’re a part of!
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Elections are held at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday November 22nd, 2023.
Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and application details.
The Trout Lake Community Centre Association (TLCCA) encourages all members of diverse backgrounds/interests to join the Board and its various committees. All applications from members in good standing will be promptly reviewed and considered.